Sunday, November 1, 2009

First post!!

Time to dust off the lunchbox, get the notebooks and pen primed….I am heading back to the classroom to reinvent the current me….thus becoming Myself 2.0! It’s not just any classroom though…..it’s culinary school. More specifically, I am entering the pastry/baking program at the Culinary Academy of Austin. I am finally pursuing a career path that involves something I am passionate about — food!! I will still be working full time doing my medical transcription while attending class 24 hours a week and have to complete 120 hours of an externship (makes me tired just reading that last line!). Looks like there are 11 of us in the class and …I may be the oldest?! It’s a good mix though with some just out of school, several career changers like myself and even a gal all the way from Ireland. I am super excited, a bit overwhelmed, and totally ready to get started! I want to send a huge thank you to all of you who supported this endeavor of mine and I couldn’t have taken this big jump without your encouragement. Stay tuned for what will surely include a lot of laughs, some tears and lots of yummy creations along the way… bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment