Sunday, November 15, 2009

Externship takes shape...


One of my fellow students is doing her externship hours at a bakery just a few miles from my house. She invited me to come in a look around to see if I might be interested in pursuing some of my externship hours there as well. Friday afternoon, I headed over to http://www.paigesbakehouse.com/ where  I met Paige (owner/chef) and Tracey (fellow student). Paige is a graduate of the prestigious Johnson & Wales University and has quite a resume already in her young years! She is wacky and fun ....full of  life. The bake shop is a relaxed atmosphere but Paige has all of the skills and knowledge one could only hope to learn from. Thank you Tracey for setting me up with such a great opportunity! We will be hammering away with the busy holiday season upon us and so I can't wait to jump in and become part of the team. (photos courtesy of Paige's Bakehouse).

3 comments:

  1. Margaret - this is such wonderful news!! Thanks for letting me know and you can be sure I'll be following this daily and looking forward to your posts. Baking and pastry - right up my alley and just in time for Christmas! You are planning to send me some goodies for Christmas, aren't you? Aren't you?

    Virginia Greathouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Virginia....it's been a struggle trying to find enough minutes in a day (I am still doing my transcription) but I am soooo enjoying the process! I think I timed it just right-- who wouldn't want to be in baking/pastry class for the holidays?! Baked goods for all this year!! HO HO HO...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog! I guess the next generation of pastry chefs will be made up of people who previously had completely different careers. We're trendsetters...who knew!

    ReplyDelete