Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Busy Bakers Bake Busily .....

Lots going on in class the last few days. Working on quick breads and we are broken down in pairs to work as teams. I have a great gal I am working with this week....she is a natural and I like her style....very easy going. Go team 4 (that's us!!)....So...we have been making muffins, banana bread, waffles (from scratch MUCH better than any store bought mix!!), mini eclairs, cream puffs, beignets, crepes (man I love me some crepes!!), etc. We are going to have a test on Thursday both written and practical where we have to make 2 items start to finish for the chef. YIKES!! Some pictures of the spoils....


This is called Paris Brest...it's choux pastry filled with pastry cream and whipped cream with almonds on top.



Mini eclairs and cream puffs....



Master of Ceremonies...Chef Todd who has the patience of a saint to deal with 10 women at once in a hot kitchen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment