Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Final Project-- Wedding Cake

As our final project for school, we are required to design, cost out, bake/decorate a wedding or celebration cake. As I have never done anything like this before ....it was a real challenge. Although it is far from perfect...I am pretty darn proud of my progress. It will be completed tomorrow and I will update my blog with the finished cake but for now...here is what I have accomplished:

Buttercream crumb coat to lock in crumbs and provide a  sticky surface to adhere the rolled fondant.


Stacked and rolled fondant in place.

Ready for decoration!

Grapes and vines made of gum paste and marzipan.

Tomorrow will do piping borders around middle and bottom, add leaves and touch up work to finish. Will update pictures after class with final results!

No comments:

Post a Comment