Monday, November 1, 2010

New job-- Tony's Off Third!!

Before even landing in Florida, I had several interviews lined up so that I could hit the ground running. The job I really wanted though was Tony's Off Third.

After reading about the new chef in charge of the bakery, I was very excited about this place as chef Emily has an illustrious background with Ritz Carlton and has worked with some of the finest pastry chefs in the business. She works closely with the French methods and likes to create beautiful desserts that are full of flavor and color. I knew I could learn a lot from her so I was just hoping the interview went well, and it did as I got the job! I have been at Tony's now for a week and while I feel completely lost at times, I am enjoying every bit of the hustle and bustle while gearing up for the busy season. We have a great team and everyone puts forth their best effort to make chef Emily shine. Her ideas are fresh and her execution is spot on. The people of southwest Florida have a gem of a bakery in Tony's Off Third with chef Emily at the helm!
Assorted petit fours with lemon meringue, opera, tiramisu cups, fruit tarts, chocolate ganache tarts.

Lots of wine tastings going on here!

Chef Emily's gorgeous cakes in the windows.

Some of the display cases getting stocked up-- something to tempt every pallate!



Shiny ganache tarts awaiting finishing.

Gorgeous fruit tart-- Florida lends itself to lots of variety here!

Chocolate flourless cake decorated by the amazing Ellen!

Smaller fruit tarts before glazing.

Petit fours

Bananas Foster tarts.

Chocolate peanut butter tarts.

Cherry cheesecakes.


Tiny tiramisu treats pre finishing-- you can even eat the chocolate cup!


Halloween cookies.

And the emcee herself....chef Emily-- a truly talented and generous individual. I can't wait to dig in next week and see what more she has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment