Thursday, November 18, 2010

Busy Season is Upon Us!

I have been a bad blogger of late....but not without reason! We are getting busier and busier at the bakery and I am STILL unpacking/organizing from the cross country move. It's been challenging to try to make it all work and yet have a little time to unwind and explore. Whew!

I am going to try to combine the last few weeks at the bakery instead of making separate entries for all of the hustle bustle that has been happening.

First up....macarons!! We did a slew of gorgeous red macarons filled with ganache and decorated with gold leaf. These were packaged into tiny gold boxes to be given out at a charity ball event here in Naples. They were gorgeous so I feel I must include a few pictures from that day:



I will hopefully be posting more macaron pictures soon.....we may be making trees and balls out of macs for part of the holiday decor!

Next up....I don't think I have written about our latest team member, Amanda. She is a cake genious and I am so excited she made the move from NYC to Naples FL to join the team. Amanda attended the prestigious French Pastry School in Chicago and because of her amazing skills was hired on at a top bakery in NYC where she built up a portfolio of amazing, incredible cakes. She is very generous with her knowledge and I am thrilled to be able to learn from her. I am so grateful to be in a place where I can gain valuable skills with decorating, finishing, etc. Cakes have always intimidated me but both Amanda and Emily are more than willing to teach so....I will be taking advantage! A few examples of Amanda's creative wizardry:






Diego from Dora-- will post pics of this one when it's finished. How talented is this girl??!!

Yesterday we had a pastry tasting to introduce the new product line at Tony's Off Third that Chef Emily has created. The entire team was on hand to help and it was a hit! Lots of attendees took advantage of the free bites and hopefully we will continue to build on the introduction with more PR and word of mouth. A few pictures from the event:



Not all attendees were of the human variety!

Prepping peanut butter pie tartlettes

The display table was full of different treats, chocolate decorations, menus, etc.


Kym hamming it up for the camera


This is Tony of Tony's Off Third

Chef Emily prepping for the event.

Busy, busy ladies!


Amanda keeping things stocked.




And a little fun after a lot of work....throwing pastry gangsta signs....HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment